Dear Members and Supporters
We’re Here For You
As you know the Tasmanian Premier, Peter Gutwein, announced a 3-day lockdown for Southern Tasmania until 6pm on Monday 18 October while we await information about possible community transmission of the Corona Virus.
Keep up to date with current Tasmanian COVID safe measures
and see this useful webpage to find out more about current restrictions
We understand that this news will trigger a great deal of anxiety for many families, and we urge you to keep in communication with us and significant others in your life during this time and to focus on self and family care activities where possible.
There are many great home activity ideas for the kids on the internet
There are many practical mind health activity ideas on the internet
With an over-supply of information circulating, we’ve put together some direct links that we hope will make your life a bit easier. If you feel overwhelmed and are struggling to find what you need, call us during business hours on 1800 244 742 or email us at email@example.com and we’ll assist you. ACD Tas workers will work from home during the lock down and will continue to provide family assistance as usual through our Communication Officers, Advocates, Support Coordinators and Peer and Youth Connectors.
If you are worried about finances consider what assistance you can receive https://www.australia.gov.au/work-and-financial-support
To find information in your language
If you need emergency food relief
Remember to stay at home, unless you are:
- Shopping for urgent household supplies within 5 km of home — only one person from a household at any one time.
- Attending medical or health care appointments, including COVID-19 testing or vaccinations, or donating blood or plasma.
- A permitted worker — a person working for a provider or business that is permitted to operate, and who cannot work from home.
- Going to school — if the child of a permitted worker, or if unable to learn at home, or going to child care.
- Exercising once per day outdoors within 5 km of home for up to two hours — alone or with your household or with one other person for safety reasons.
- Caring for a vulnerable person or for other compassionate reasons.
- In other permitted circumstances, such as in an emergency or to escape harm relating to family violence.
To keep up with specific Tasmanian state government agency and service operations https://www.coronavirus.tas.gov.au/government-service-closures
If you do leave your property and are over the age of 12, remember you must always wear a face mask unless you have an exemption.
If you are feeling ill please get tested https://www.coronavirus.tas.gov.au/keeping-yourself-safe/testing-for-covid19 or if you have questions about the current measures or want to book a vaccination over the phone call the Tasmanian Public Health Hotline on 1800 671 738
For vaccination information and to book a vaccination:
For disability specific community information keep watch on
Information for people with disability about COVID-19 vaccines
COVID-19 vaccine information for disability workers – https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/covid-19-vaccines/disability-sector/workers
For all Tasmanian Corona Virus updates keep watch https://www.coronavirus.tas.gov.au/
To find information in your language https://www.coronavirus.tas.gov.au/facts/my-language-portal
Take care of each other and remember ACD Tas is here for you.
Together we can achieve so much!!
All the best,
ACD Tas CEO